Monday 14 June 2010

Dungeon Master: Fan Made.

Dark Portal by Sophia 
(I had to make a screen shot when I found that last door.)

My husband and I used to play Dungeon Master on our Amiga back in the 80's when we first started living together and I love to go back and play it though now and then for sentimental reasons. I never liked Chaos Strikes Back that much, too much chaos and stress for my liking but I had a great time playing Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep. Theron's Quest is very simple (solution vise) compared to the others, IMO, but I shouldn't complain since it could always be worse.

Then a couple of weeks ago my son introduced me to the Fan Made Clones and Custom Dungeons. I'm in heaven! =) Sure, there are bugs and some hints are so insane that there is no way of figuring them out without a bit of help (or more), but I still love it. Dark Portal was the first custom dungeon that I solved and I love the puzzle solving style of it. <3 The greatest thing of all is that it's a "mother and son" project since I'm competing with my son when I play.
... and people say that game playing alienate family members form each other. *shakes head*

No comments: