Sunday 11 April 2010

Artificial Intelligence by proxy.

I've been a member of Yahoo Answers since 2006 and no matter how tired I am of it all I keep going back. It's mainly because reading the things posted there makes me feel so darn intelligent.

Example; "My girlfriend claims that she's on birth control. I don't trust her so I use the 'pull out technique'. Now I've started to wonder if that's enough or if ... (wait for it...) ... I can still have contracted a STD?"

Things like that makes my few remaining braincells do the high five and congratulate each other for their superior intelligence. Yes I know all about trolls and that doesn't bother me because to such a question the will be just as stupid answers. It's bound to happen. It's a win - win situation when it comes to boosting my feeling of being intelligent.

Another classic is; "I'm an atheist and I think you should all know that Jesus son of God was born during the spring."

Uh... as an atheist you don't believe that Jesus son of God have existed at all and then he can't have been born either. End of story. (High five guys; high five!!!)

One more; "Why do all those stupid idiots ask the same old stupid questions that have been asked a million times instead of searching it in Google? How stupid can a person be?"

Umm... this question has been asked a million times... Google it, stupid! (High five guys; high five!!!)

The key to making yourself feel intelligent is of course to compare yourself to those who are less intelligent than you and stay the hell away from those who are smarter, that's why I never got to clearly topic related message boards and discussion forums where adults that knows their thing discuss things. ;o)

No comments: