Tuesday 2 August 2011

How was I supposed to know?

"The inner city is closed down," I told him as we got into the car.

"I know," he replied.

Noticing that he was driving in the direction of the inner city I felt the need to remind him again. "The inner city is closed for traffic because of the festival."

"I know that," he sighed. "I read about it in the paper."

He kept on driving and I poked around with the car stereo. When I looked up I noticed that he was slowly turning towards the lane leading into the inner city.

"The inner city is closed down," I reminded him once again.

"I know!" He snapped and then he turned into the inner city.

Five minutes later we are slowly rolling through the over crowded streets leading around the inner city. Even toddlers could walk faster than the traffic was moving.

"Why are we going this way?" I just had to ask because I saw no reason for us being there.

"This way is the fastest," he replies instantly.

"This is not fast in my eyes."

"How was I supposed to know that the traffic was jammed?" he growled.

... ah ... well ...

No comments: