Wednesday 18 May 2011

Failure is not the worst thing in the world. The very worst is not to try.

Well. I obsessed for a while. Then I panicked. And then I thought about all the horrible things that could happen, and panicked some more. Then I finally got around to sending the new material in and now it's all clear, I'm getting published in the local paper, again. The thing is, I like sharing my work (what artist doesn't?) but I can't stand the attention I get. My screen name and my blog name is not a gimmick or a joke. People freak me out, totally.

Why do people ask "How are you doing?". You're looking at me what the hell do you think? I'm not going to tell you anything more than you can see. Or how about; "So... what are you working on?". Do they really think I'll tell them? It's my work, my ideas and you'll see it when I'm done. ... if I bother showing it. *bah*
Even worse is when people ask, "Where do you live nowadays?". Seriously? Are you planning on sending me mailbombs or what? Ever heard of Kurt Westergaard? ... OK, so Google it.

I'm still very pleased to be published again. It's not something that I take lightly. It doesn't matter that the main stories in the paper usually is about stolen bikes and strange looking vegetables. Someone still thought my work is good enough to fit right in there. Even more importantly, now that I've proved that I do something with my time, I can go back to laying on the sofa with my laptop again.

Cheers! =)

No comments: