Sunday 8 May 2011

Fan Art for "Long Live the Kïng" (Stone Dözer)

I've been shooting mails to Silvio Laiz for days now. (And he has still not gotten a restraining order on me.) I had this idea or "vision" about what I think "Long live the Kïng" looks like and I've been fishing for information. The "ö" in stone Dözer is inspired by the "ö" in Mjölnir, Thor's hammer. I like that, and I could see the hammer at the centre of the king's crown. The king is long lived and that made me think of a skull or a very old looking "mummy" like guy. I haven't told Silvio about my art project but I told him about the "vision" and he liked the idea of a skull so I went with that...

(Click to Enlarge the Pictures.)
The sides seemed empty and barren. I tried putting the text there but it didn't work. I tried a couple of different things but it all looked wonky. Then I remembered the nicknames "Scorpion" and "Cobra". That might work but ... that's only two out of four band members. I shot Silvio a mail and asked about other nicknames, symbols connected to the band and such but he had nothing to offer.


Back to the drawing board again. By then I had found photos of Alejandro Gugliotti and I decided to take the art in another direction adding the band members instead of symbols.


And that's it. I don't have time to poke around with it anymore. I would have loved to make the kïng a throne and so on, but that project is too time consuming as it is.

No comments: