Wednesday 20 July 2011

Personification of “Standing out in a Crowd”.

My son’s band got a spot as the opening band at a local festival and I was there of course. It’s great that the kids get a chance to show off to an audience larger than their families and ever so supportive moms. The area was full with happy party people. Goths that made me think of Count Dracul and his brides. Punks, though punks have never been the same since the 70’s. (I miss that.) Metal heads with stunning girlfriends, those guys really “get it”. There were rockers that reminded me of the “good old days”, big hairy bikers of the kind that you instantly step aside for. Three families with kids that found a good spot, next to the bikers, where their kids could bounce around on pogo sticks. A group of skin heads with polished scalps, army boots and ugly girlfriends. Middle-aged drunken women on the prowl, with their boobage close to dropping out of their tops that were too small. Us rocker moms, (in contrast to the soccer moms) dragging gear and looking after water bottles. Groupies dressed to their teeth hanging around the musicians. There was a group of pensioners that seemed lost but still stayed together with the hippies and the beach bums. A group of militaries showed up in uniform for some reason, and then there was one lonely guy from the Middle East carrying a backpack.

I’ve never seen a clearer personification of “Standing out in a Crowd”.

No worries, it was all peace, love and understanding and we all had a great time. My son’s band did really good and there are already people who have contacted them about future concerts. I’m so proud of the kids that I could burst. They still have a long way to go but they are not one but two steps closer to their goal. Happy days!

No comments: